Monday, August 6, 2012

I ride the bus by choice

Finally some rain. Early Sunday waiting for 22's first run while standing in the rainy mist of the showers from overnight. As I stood there, enjoying this break from the drought and heat we were having,  this went through my mind. We need to start a campaign for riding the bus as a great means of transportation. It's not just the "have to" crowd but some of us ride by choice. And then this theme line pops in my brain... "I ride the bus by choice."  

What if we made T-shirts with this theme on them?
I ride the bus
by choice

And then on the back we could have something like...
Public Transit 
 keeps cash 
In My pocket

or 

I ride the bus
'cause
I Like it

and on the back of the T-shirt... 

Top Ten reasons to use 
Public Transit
1.
 2.
  3.
Make the lines smaller in descending order in that the last few a person would have to be real close to read them. Maybe have a "top ten reasons to ride the bus" contest.

Could give these T-shirts to businesses who would buy a day or two, or a week of bus passes for their people. Get as many to wear the T-shirts as possible and create the idea... it's not a last resort of transportation, but a money-saving way to get around. Possibly this could attract a broader base of the community to use Public Transit. 

Maybe have free T-shirt day for the regulars on a certain day. "Ride the bus on .... and get a free T-shirt." A friend of mine owns a screen printing business. She has convinced me having humans as walking billboards is one of the best methods of advertising.

I can hear her from a distance... 22 is humming down the street. Got on and the bus driver and I both agreed... what a beautiful rainy morning. I grabbed some paper out of my shoulder bag and quickly wrote down these thoughts before they slipped from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment