Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I May be Bus Co-dependent

I didn’t realize this, but I think I may be bus co-dependent. 

Last summer I was riding the bus almost exclusively. Since then I have used a car from time to time. As I was sitting early one morning on an outside eating place at a local restaurant, I was observing the buses going by... first J10 Cedarbrook, then D4 Central, and then C3 Division the new bus line. As each bus went by a twinge of connection went through me.

Even though I had a car to use as well, at the time, the bus has proved to be a comforting, likeable, and desirable experience in my life, as well as others. 
But then, the car broke again. I  know... I can always count on the bus. 

As I saw those buses go by, something was drawing me to them. I then thought, I may be bus co-dependent. 

You may not relate to this if you haven’t been there, like a co-dependent would. You don’t know what it’s like to value something and want it to be there. Many don’t realize that many depend on the bus as their sole means of getting around.
You don’t know what it’s like to …

You see those who depend on the bus live with a strong emotion within. It is like a love relationship with someone you desperately want in your life.

If you read this and have a car, I challenge you. Park that car as if it doesn’t exist and try the bus.
 
You don’t know what it’s like to …

“What good does it bring,
If I ain’t got you.”
To Love Somebody, BeeGees

“If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?” 1 John 3:17
(I understand transit is subsidized with utilities money. So those who need a ride can have one. Way to go city utilities.)


No comments:

Post a Comment