Monday, December 23, 2013

A Bus Terminal Christmas Day


Nowhere to go for Christmas.
Today I woke up feeling a little sorry for myself.

I was having coffee at my favorite morning coffee spot feeling glum, sad, lonely, thinking nowhere to go for Christmas, no invites, no special place to go on Christmas Day.  As I was staring out the window in the middle of my gloomy, bah humbug mood I see the bus go by.  

I felt a tug of the Christmas Spirit come over me. 

...  thought…

why not be a gift to others lonely during Christmas Day. I could go to the bus terminal and be someone’s friend. This thought ignited my Christmas Spirit, suffering at the moment.

So on Christmas Day I will be a gift to others waiting at the terminal and on the bus that day. Got an unlimited pass, so why not hang around the terminal and be a friend to those needing a friend. Others may have the same lonesomeness as me, but we can turn it around.

Needless to say, the spirit of Christmas came back.  Being a friend to someone needing a friend is the best gift I could give this Christmas. I felt I had a place and between me and someone else, I don't know yet, we can make it one of the most special Christmas Days I, we, have ever had.

Another lesson on the bus… we can be a friend to someone who needs a friend. We can find where they are and be a friend at a timely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment