Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blessed are the peacemakers

I was reminded this morning of a Scripture, “Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called the Children of God.”

Sometimes life does not go as you wish it would, or even in a way you think is fair. But the ones who prevail are the peacemakers. Our world lives in an atmosphere of contention when someone has a viewpoint different than theirs. Whereas, the Power of Spiritual living is in being peacemakers... we live in the position of being children of God when we do.

Some things were going on in bus route changes. Some changes not to my favor.  Although when on Line 2 yesterday, someone said that there are signs on Commercial that the bus is not going down Commercial anymore. I spoke up and told him Line 2 is going down Commercial after the changes,  but only east bound, not west bound.

Just a small point of clarification, maybe made a difference.

Then prior to this post I had a post on this blog about some frustrations. I just deleted it. Why? 
The top senior executive who oversees the transit operation read it and gave me a personal phone call. It wasn’t the content of the call that got my attention, but the spirit of the call.
A peacemaker I thought.


I was listening to a live feed yesterday of a gathering in Kansas City called One Thing. The speaker pointed out that our place in life is to live out the Beatitudes, Matthew 5:3-10. As I was waking up this morning, this came back to mind... Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the Children of God.
(It was almost as if the very voice of God was whispering it in my mind.)

I was reminded that this is my place and has been my spirit for many years. I am called to be a peacemaker. I deleted my last post, and replaced it with this.


It is another lesson learned from riding the bus. I may not get things as I wish, but in all things I should be a peacemaker in all those things.



No comments:

Post a Comment